Friday, March 20, 2009

Illustration Friday - Subtract

It's Illustration Friday again, and that means I've done a painting.

Here's one that is a slight play on words for this week's word- Subtract.

I originally wanted to have a robot in there because, well, robots are cool, but I went with something a bit more realistic in the end.

I wasn't sure if the image conveyed what it's intended, which is that somebody 'subtracted' (haha, I could make a living out of these jokes... ahem) the difference engine, so I added the Crime Scene banner and the police car in the background.

Ah well, it's kinda pretty looking for something I did anyway. But I think I'll steer clear of anymore programmer jokes from now on...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the limited colour palette.

Peter Breese said...

Very interesting, how did you draw on a difference engine? Really dig the dust roamer.

faeorain said...

Ha ha..I'm glad you explained, because I have no clue about computer programming. I do, however, know a good illustration when I see it...and this qualifies. Excellent work on the shading and background..it really makes the subject stand out.

Dot said...

i really love the graphical quality of your grayscale pieces. Nice work!

Charles Goatley said...

Thanks everyone, glad you like.

silvano said...

It's been a while since my last visit here ( actually , I don't surf much lately ) , but I see a number of interestin and new things ...

Mirella said...

Oh, it's very pretty^_^